Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Debunking Myths Do Sex Toys Lead to Utis?
Hi everybody, i've listened to any conflicting details on whether sex toys can cause urinary tract infections (utis). Can we discuss this topic and try out to separate simple fact from fiction?
That's an fascinating question. I assume it's crucial to think about factors like hygiene and material s grade when using sex toys to minimize the risk of utis.
Certainly. Proper cleaning and maintenance of sex toys are crucial to prevent the buildup of bacteria that could potentially leadto utis. Using mild soap and water or a toy cleaner after each exploit is recommended.
But even with thorough cleaning, can't the materials used in some sex toys harbor bacteria and trigger infections?
That's a valid concern. Some materials, like porous ones like jelly rubber or pvc, are more prone to harboring bacteria even with normal cleaning. Opting for non-porous materials like silicone or glass can reduce this risk.
Another factor to consider is the compatibility of lubricants with certain vibrator materials. Using silicone-based lubricants with silicone toys, for instance, can trigger degradation of the toy's surface area area and potentially harbor bacteria.
I've on top listened to that improper insertion or rough handling of sex toys can irritate the urethra and increase the risk of utis. It's vital to use toys meticulously and with caution to avoid leading to any embarrassment or hurt.
So, it appears like while sex toys themselves might not directly lead to utis, improper use, poor hygiene, and specified materials or lubricants can contribute to the risk. It's all about obtaining informed and taking precautions.
Exactly. Utis are commonly caused by bacteria entering the urinary tract, so practicing good hygiene and utilizing sex toys responsibly can help minimize the likelihood of infection.
It's on top worth noting that utis can occur no matter whether sex toys are concerned. Factors like anatomy, sensual activity, and total health can also influence susceptibility to utis.