Sexuality Forums
Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Printable Version

+- Sexuality Forums (http://www.sexualityforum.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (http://www.sexualityforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Relationships and Intimacy: (http://www.sexualityforum.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? (/thread-79.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Francisco - 03-08-2023

Hey everybody, i've been hearing conflicting data on hepatitis a lately. Some utter it's sexually transmitted, <b> while </b> other folks argue it's not. What's the deal?

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Dean - 03-08-2023

I feel it depends on how you define sexually transmitted. From what i understand, hepatitis a is largely spread <b> through </b> contaminated food or water. But can it on top be transmitted through intimate contact?

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Oliver - 03-08-2023

I've read that while hepatitis a can technically be transmitted through intimate activity, it's not regarded as a standard sexually transmitted infection (sti) like hiv or gonorrhea. But i'm not wholly <b> confident </b> on the informations.

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - HahaHero - 03-08-2023

That's interesting. So, even though it's achievable to transmit hepatitis a by means of sexual contact, it's not typically classified as an sti. Is that just because the main mode of shipping and <b> delivery </b> is through fecal-oral route?

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Kelsie2 - 03-08-2023

I presume you're onto something. Hepatitis a is typically linked to poor sanitation and hygiene, which can leadéto contamination of food and water re sources. However i marvel if there are <b> certain </b> behaviors or circumstances that raise the risk of sexual transmission?

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - CrawfordN - 03-08-2023

I've read that hepatitis a can be more merely transmitted by means of erogenous activities like anal-oral get in touch with or rimming. However again, it looks like the primary itinerary of <b> delivery </b> is nevertheless via fecal-oral contamination.

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Lina - 03-08-2023

That <b> makes </b> sense. So, while erogenous contact can contribute to the spread of hepatitis a, it's not the main driver of transmission. It seems like practicing good hygiene and obtaining vaccinated are the most <b> successful </b> <b> techniques </b> to prevent it, no matter whether you're sexually active.

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Fay - 03-08-2023

Absolutely. It's crucial to educate people on the risks and prevention measures associated with hepatitis a, mainly since it can trigger serious health concerns if remaining untreated. Does any person have more data on vaccination recommendations?

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - Lukas - 03-08-2023

I've heard that vaccination in opposition to hepatitis a is suggested surely high-risk groups, like travelers to endemic field, men who make love with men, and <b> people </b> with chronic liver disease. But i'm not sure if it's item of routine immunization schedules for everyone.

RE Is Hepatitis A Sexually Transmitted? - VibeVagabonds - 03-08-2023

I feel you're right. It would be helpful to clarify who must get vaccinated and when, primarily <b> since </b> hepatitis a outbreaks can occur in communities with low vaccination rates. Does any individual get access to reputable vaccination guidelines they could share?