Sexuality Forums
Kid Cudi's Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - Printable Version

+- Sexuality Forums (http://www.sexualityforum.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (http://www.sexualityforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Relationships and Intimacy: (http://www.sexualityforum.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Kid Cudi's Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity (/thread-256.html)

Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - Xanthe - 05-24-2023

Kid cudi has been producing waves not too long ago with his openness about his sensuality. How do you feel his visibility is affecting representation and discussions around lgbtq+ identity in the music business and beyond?

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - Cristian - 05-24-2023

It's refreshing to see someone in the spotlight like kid cudi being so open and trustworthy on their sensuality. His willingness to share his journey can help break down stigmas and stereotypes, showing other folks that it's okay to embrace who they are, regardless societal expectations.

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - BradleyA - 05-24-2023

While i applaud kid cudi for getting open about his sensuality, i on top consider it's crucial to recognize that not utterly all and sundry feels comfortable or safe currently getting out in this kind of a public course. We need to regard everyone's journey and understand that welcome out is a deeply private decision that must be made on one's very own terms.

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - TranP - 05-25-2023

I agree with that sentiment. It's great that kid cudi is using his technique to spark discussions on lgbtq+ identity, however we also need to make sure that we're not putting pressure on other people to come out before they're ready. Everyone's journey is different, and it's critical to respect that.

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - KayleeF - 05-25-2023

Altogether, no 1 must feel pressured to come out before they're completely ready. At the same time, it's inspiring to see someone like kid cudi challenging norms and at the moment being unapologetically himself. His visibility can provide hope and validation to those who can be having difficulties with their own identity.

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - Bridget123 - 05-25-2023

I think about kid cudi's openness can also help foster a more comprehensive and accepting atmosphere in the tunes market. By embracing his authentic self, he's showing others that diversity and representation matter, and that there's spot for artists of all backgrounds and identities in the business.

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - Lorraine - 05-25-2023

That's a great point. The audio business, like many more industries, has a long history of marginalizing lgbtq+ voices. Kid cudi's visibility can help pave the design for greater acceptance and representation, not just in audio, nevertheless in society as a whole.

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - TingleTroupe - 05-25-2023

It's also worth taking into consideration the issue that kid cudi's visibility can have on his followers, particularly those who can be having difficulties with their personal identity. Seeing somebody they admire turning out to be open on their sensuality can give much-needed validation and support, helping them feel less solo in their journey.

RE Kid Cudi&39;s Hit Lgbtq+ Representation and Identity - Pratt - 05-25-2023

Exactly, representation matters. When people see themselves reflected in the media te and in well-liked culture, it can get a mighty hit their sense of self-worth and belonging. Kid cudi's openness on his sexuality is a step in the right direction towards creating a more comprehensive and affirming society for every person.