Sexuality Forums
Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - Printable Version

+- Sexuality Forums (http://www.sexualityforum.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (http://www.sexualityforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Sexual Health and Wellness: (http://www.sexualityforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? (/thread-10.html)

Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - KhadijahQ - 02-06-2023

Hey everyone, i've been pondering on this lately and believed i'd throw it out there for discussion. Can you actually give your self a sexually transmitted disease (std)? It appears like a weird concept, but i've read some conflicting opinions. What do you all think?

RE Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - VibrationVoyagers - 02-06-2023

Hmm, that's an intriguing question. My gut reaction is to say no, merely because the term sexually transmitted implies transfer from a <b> person </b> to another. But then again, there are some stds that can be transmitted via non-sexual means, like sharing needles or contact with infected blood. So maybe there's a scenario <b> where </b> you could technically give yourself an std?

RE Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - WilcoxN - 02-06-2023

I see where you're promising from. It's without doubt a bit of a gray region. But i consider in most cases, the risk of providing yourself an std by way of solo activities is <b> pretty </b> low. Like, can you really provide by by <b> yourself </b> some thing like chlamydia or gonorrhea <b> without </b> <b> another </b> <b> person </b> becoming involved?

RE Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - Paxton - 02-06-2023

I feel it's critical to distinguish between stds that are mainly transmitted by sexy get in touch with and those that can be transmitted by way of more means. For example, herpes and hpv are both stds that can technically be spread by way of non-sexual contact, like by way of skin-to-skin contact or sharing towels. So in those cases, it might be achievable to provide your self the infection without intimate contact with an additional person.

RE Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - EstelleF - 02-06-2023

That's a good point. So it would seem like the answer might depend on the specific std we're talking about. But what on factors like hiv or syphilis? Those seem like they would be a lot more difficult to agreement with out another <b> person </b> involved.

RE Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - ZaydG - 02-06-2023

Correct. Hiv and syphilis are each largely transmitted by intimate speak to or contact with infected bodily fluids, so it's unlikely that you could give by <b> yourself </b> <b> either </b> of those diseases without forthcoming into contact with someone who's previously infected. But i suppose it's not fully unattainable if, for example, you were to somehow appear into contact with infected <b> blood </b> in a non-sexual context.

RE Can You Provide By yourself a Sexually Transmitted Disease? - AndyG - 02-06-2023

Total, it appears like the likelihood of giving by your self a sexually transmitted disease is <b> quite </b> low in most cases, exclusively if we're talking on <b> classic </b> solo <b> intimate </b> activities. However it's still crucial to be conscious of the risks and take precautions to shield by yourself and others from infection, no matter how the disease is transmitted.