Sexuality Forums

Full Version: coping with emotional and erotic rejection from a &lt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi absolutely everyone, I'm feeling quite lost and confused lately. My husband seems to be emotionally and sexually distant from me, and I don't know what to do. Has any person else qualified something similar?
Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that you're heading by this. It must be exactly difficult. Have you tried talking to your husband about how you're feeling?
I've been in a similar situation before. Communication is key, but at times it's simpler said than done. Have you note any specific reasons why your husband may well be pulling away?
Thanx for your responses, guys. Yeah, I've tried talking to him, but he always brushes it off or gets defensive. It's like he doesn't want to acknowledge that there's a issue.
That sounds really frustrating. Do you think there might be any underlying troubles in your connection that need to be addressed?
It could be helpful to coming the conversation from a place of knowing ratherthan accusation. Maybe try asking him how he's been feeling lately and if there's anything on his mind.
That's a good point,. I'll try to approach it differently next time and see if that helps. But it's just so hard not to take it personally when your own partner seems to be pushing you away.
Definitely,. It's totally understandable to feel hurt and rejected in this situation. Remember to also take care of by yourself and prioritize your own emotional wellness.
Have you considered seeking professional help, like couples therapy? Sometimes having a neutral third party can facilitate more productive conversations and help uncover underlying issues.
I haven't imagined on therapy, but maybe it's worth considering. I just want things to go back to how they used to be in between us, you know?
Pages: 1 2