Sexuality Forums

Full Version: why Do I Sexualize Myself? personal Behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey absolutely everyone, i've been doing some self-reflection lately, and i've noticed that i tend to sexualize myself quite oftentimes. I'm curious if anybody else experiences this and what insights you may get into why we do it?
Exciting topic! I feel it's quite usual for individuals to sexualize themselves to some extent, specially in today's society where there's much emphasis on real appearance and sexuality. But i question, what do you mean by sexualize your self? Are you talking on the type you costume, act, or think about yourself?
I can relate to this. Personally, i normally find myself dressing in a course that i know will entice mind from more individuals, especially romantically or sexually. It's like i want to be note as appealing, but at the same time, i feel conflicted on it just because i don't want to only be valued for my appearance.
I feel a huge part of it might be societal pressure and expectations. We're bombarded with photos of what's regarded as attractive and attractive, and it's simple to internalize those messages and wants we need conform to them to be accepted or valued.
That makes a lot of perception. It's like we're constantly surrounded by those photos and ideals of beauty and sexiness, and it can be hard not to assess ourselves to them or feel like we need to measure up somehow.
Absolutely. And i feel it's essential to recognize that there's altogether nothing at all inherently wrong with seeking to feel pleasing or desirable. It's only when it becomes the primary course we value ourselves or seek validation from other individuals that it can become problematic.
That's an excellent point. I feel for me, it's on top tied to concerns of self-esteem and confidence. When i'm perception insecure or unsure of myself, i find myself relying more on my appearance or eroticism to feel better on myself.
Yeah, it's like we exploit our eroticism as a way to compensate for more areas where we may feel lacking. But ultimately, it's important to work on building our self-esteem and self-worth from within, rather than relying on external validation.
Definitely. It's all about locating that balance and understanding to cherish and accept ourselves for who we're, beyond only our physical appearance or sexuality.
Agreed. And probably element of that method involves questioning why we feel the need to sexualize ourselves in the first spot and checking out healthier approaches of expressing our identity and worth.
Pages: 1 2